Downloading ebrary content
Most books available from ebrary can be read in their entirety online in a Web browser, but ebrary also offers two download options:
- Individual chapters or ranges of pages (but not the entire book), can be downloaded and saved as PDF files.
- The entire book can be downloaded as an e-book for 14 or 7 days using the free Adobe Digital Editions application.
Both download options require signing in to an ebrary personal account. Accounts can be created here.
ITS advises that you not use your Lafayette Network ID and password as the username and password for non-Lafayette accounts.
ebrary provides an overview of download options on their support site, but the basic things to know are:
- Total pages for PDF files cannot exceed 60 in a session.
- The PDF files that ebrary generates are images—text searching and copy/paste are not possible. E-books downloaded with Adobe Digital Editions can be searched and annotated.
- ebrary's e-books are not supported on Kindles.
- Downloaded e-books are available for a limited number of days--either 14 or 7.
- Printing from downloaded e-books is generally limited to less than 10% of the book.