Gov 230: Middle East Politics
- Political Science Complete
- Index of journal articles, books, and conference papers in political science and related fields. Includes a substantial amount of full text.
- Historical Abstracts
- Coverage: 1954-present
Database indexing journal articles, book reviews, and dissertations on history. Covers the history of the world (1450 to present) except for the U.S. and Canada.
- Public Affairs Index
- Index of articles, books, government documents, and other materials on global public policy issues, including international affairs.
- Tool that allows you to search across many library databases simultaneously (including the Library Catalog).
- International Journal of Middle East Studies
- Israel Studies
- Israel Studies Forum
- Middle East Journal
- Middle East Policy
- Protest movements -- Arab countries
- Arab-Israeli conflict
- [country or region] -- foreign relations -- [country or region]
e.g.: Israel -- Foreign relations -- Iran
- [country] -- politics and government
e.g.: Syria -- Politics and government
- [country] -- religion and state
e.g.: Israel -- Religion and state
- Weekly newspaper from the U.S. covering items of interest to the Jewish community.
- Hebrew newspaper from Tel Aviv
- Jerusalem Post
- English daily newspaper from Israel
- Jerusalem Report
- Bi-weekly magazine with international coverage and commentary on issues and events pertaining to Israel, the Middle East, and the Jewish world.
- LexisNexis Academic
- A database of the full text of hundreds of newspapers, including many international titles. For international news sources, select News from the column on the left, then Foreign language. Or select News, then Newspapers & wires, and check the box for Non-U.S.
- World News Connection
- Database of news and information gathered from non-U.S. newspapers, wire services and news broadcasts and translated into English. Materials go back to about 1994. Older materials are available from a microfiche collection; ask a librarian for assistance.
- The Contemporary Middle East: A Documentary History
- Skillman DS42 .F44 2008
- Historic Documents (1972-2010)
- Annual collection of primary sources covering significant events of the year. Includes materials such as speeches, international agreements, and reports from governments, NGOs, and other organizations. Each document is preceded by an introduction providing context and background.
- Israel-Arab Reader: A Documentary History of the Middle East Conflict
- Skillman DS119.7 .I8256 2008
- Israel in the Middle East: Documents and Readings
- Skillman DS126.5 .I784 2008
- MEMRI: Middle East Media Research Institute
- English translations of Middle Eastern media ("special dispatches") plus analysis of media reports ("inquiry and analysis").
- The Middle East, 1914-1979
- Skillman 956 M6274
- MiddleEast Web: Middle East History and Resources
- Collection of reports, policy statements, agreements, and other documents relating to the Israel/Palestine conflict from 1915 to the present day.
- Primary Sources Guide
- Skillman's guide to finding primary sources. Includes links for finding speeches, statistics, films, and many other types of primary sources.
- Chicago Style Citation Quick Guide
- Examples of citations for various types of materials written in Chicago style.
When you're searching Political Science Complete or other databases, be on the look out for articles from these scholarly journals, which the Lafayette Libraries subscribe to electronically.
Books in Skillman and Kirby
Books on the Middle East tend to be in the DS call number area in Kirby and in DS and 956 in Skillman. To find a listing of books available, use the Lafayette Library Catalog and begin with a keyword search or try subject searches for the following topics:
Current awareness and news
Sources for locating primary materials
Guides for citing sources
For assistance in finding research material for this course, contact:
125 Skillman Library
Or consult another reference librarian at Skillman.