Primary sources: Document collections
Collections of reproduced documents, usually related by topic or place of origin.
- Historic Documents Collection
- Coverage: 1972-present
Annual collection of primary sources covering significant events of the year. Includes materials such as speeches, international agreements, and reports from governments, NGOs, and other organizations. Each document is preceded by an introduction providing context and background.
- Research tools by subject Gateway
- Selective list of online resources evaluated by Lafayette's reference librarians. Collections of digitized primary sources are included for many topics, particularly in the history subject pages.
Library catalog searches
Use the table below to develop search strings for locating primary source bibliographies and collections in library catalogs.
|Searching for . . .||Enter this phrase||+||modifier(s)
|any topic||sources or document*||and||[ethnic group]
|documents by place||[location] and history and sources|
|domestic politics||sources and (politics and government)||and||[ethnic group]
|foreign affairs||sources and foreign relations||and||[country]|
- (sources or document*) and race relations and united states
- sources and (politics and government) and france