Primary sources: Statistics
Numerical data that has been gathered to analyze relations between people, events, and their environments.
This selective list includes some general bibliographies, gateways, and indexes along with some of the more extensive primary source collections available at Lafayette College. For more subject-specific resources or individual titles, consult the library's annotated list of research tools by subject, and follow suggestions for library catalog searches below.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Skillman Ref Desk HA 202 .A3x
Standard annual summary of social, political, and economic statistics of the U.S. Source notes at the end of each table can lead to additional, more detailed sources.
- Historical Statistics of the United States
- Demographic, economic, and social statistics of the United States from colonial times to the end of the 20th century. Data can be searched, downloaded, and graphed.
- Selective list of online statistical resources for the United States most often used by Skillman reference staff.
- Selective list of online statistical resources for the world most often used by Skillman reference staff.
- Gallup Brain
- Searchable database of results from Gallup polls from 1935 to the present.
- Sources for Pennsylvania State Data
- Selective list of online and print resources for locating state data.
Use the table below to develop search strings for locating primary source bibliographies and collections in library catalogs.
|Searching for . . .||Enter this phrase||+||modifier(s)
|statistical collections||statistics||and||[ethnic group]
- statistics and labor
- statistics and african americans