Lafayette Digital Repository’s Top Ten
The Lafayette Digital Repository now contains over 300 faculty articles and book chapters that are available open access. Each department at the college and nearly 100 faculty members are represented. We recently took a look at the files with the highest views per month (total views divided by months in repository). The top five in divisional categories are listed below.
Top five in the humanities / social sciences
- The language of ‘blight’ and Easton’s ‘Lebanese Town’: Understanding a neighborhood’s loss to urban renewal by Andrea L. Smith and R. Scarpato. Deposited 9/10.
- Engaging colonial nostalgia by William Cunningham Bissell. Deposited 10/11.
- Formosa through the consul’s eyes: Postcards from a ‘Japan hand’ on the eve of the Pacific War by Paul D. Barclay. Deposited 4/09.
- Colourism and African-American wealth: Evidence from the nineteenth-century south by H. Bodenhorn and Christopher Ruebeck. Deposited 5/10.
- Between religion and literature: Mircea Eliade and Northrop Frye by Eric Ziolkowski. Deposited 2/12.
Top five in engineering / natural sciences
- Emotional intensity predicts autobiographical memory experience by Jennifer M. Talarico, K. S. LaBar, and D. C. Rubin. Deposited 5/09.
- Confidence, not consistency, characterizes flashbulb memories by Jennifer M. Talarico and D. C. Rubin. Deposited 5/09.
- Comparison of an optimized resistivity array with dipole-dipole soundings in karst terrain by J. E. Nyquist, J. S. Peake, and Mary J. S. Roth. Deposited 2/12.
- Status, biology, and conservation priorities for North America's Eastern Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) population by T. Katzner, B. W. Smith, T. A. Miller, David Brandes, et al. Deposited 5/12.
- Paleoclimatic and paleoecological implications of a Paleocene-Eocene fossil leaf assemblage, Chickaloon Formation, Alaska by David Sunderlin, et al. Deposited 9/11.
Faculty who wish to have their scholarship added to the repository can fill out the digital repository submission form, and library staff will deposit articles as allowed by copyright agreements.